Brush Shiels • Fields of Athenry
- Fields of Athenry
- 1988 - Bruised Records BRUISED 020 LP (IRL)
- Side One
- Dirty Old Town (Ewan McColl)
- Fields of Athenry (Pete St. John)
- Celtic Rock (Trad. Brush Shiels)
- Dublin City Girls (Brush Shiels)
- Touch the Earth (Brush Shiels)
- Side Two
- Rocky Road to Dublin (Trad. Brush Shiels)
- Whiskey in The Jar (Trad. Lynott, Downey, Bell, Shiels)
- Molly Malone (Trad. Brush Shiels)
- Spanish Lady (Trad. Brush Shiels)
- Danny Boy (Trad. Brush Shiels)
- Brush Shiels: Vocals, Guitars
- Matthew Shiels: Guitars, Vocals (Track: 1)
- John Brady: Bass Guitars, Vocals
- Donie Deveney: Keyboard, Vocals
- Danny Bongoes: Drums (Tracks: 1-3)
- Robbie Brennan: Drums (Tracks: 4-10)
- Vocals; Pat Quigley, Jolly Bs, Mocky McGoosh, Dave Beggy, Pat Ingo, Sean Boylan, Joe Staunton, Matthew Shiels, John Brady, Daire Doyle, Jim Barry.
- Produced by Andrew Boland & Brush Shiels
- Engineered & Mixed by Andrew Boland at Lansdowne Studios Dublin
- Assistant Engineers: Catherine Considine & John Davis
- Photography: Dominic Clarke.
Special Thanks To: Sean Boylan the herbalist from Dunboyne for putting my body back in tune with my spirit and introducing me to the beauty of herbs. Pete St. John for his inspiration and his ability to write the definitive Ballad.
Pat Ingo for making me think when I talk to him. Maurice Clarke-Barry for making me smile. Noel Bridgeman for all the tilings that can't be put into words. Fran for keeping it going.
Andrew Boland for knowing when not to interfere with the flow of inspiration that he can instigate by not stopping it. Also Derek Nelson for guitars for Brush and Matthew.