Pearse Plunkett • Balladsheet One
- Balladsheet One
- 1975 - Cuchulainn CCHS 1011 LP (IRL)
- Side One
- The Molly Maguires (Martin, Coulter)
- Schooldays Over (MacColl)
- Come To The Bower (Trad. Arr. Johnston)
- Paddy On The Railway (Cop.Con.)
- Fiddler's Green (Connolly)
- Come Out, Ye Black And Tans (Behan)
- Side Two
- My Brother Sylveste (Patterson)
- Joe Hill (Robinson, Hayes)
- Whiskey, You're The Devil (Trad. Arr. Oakdove)
- The Wild Rover (Trad. Arr. Oakdove)
- Whiskey In The Jar (Trad. Arr. Oakdove)
- Hand Me Down My Bible (Martin, Coulter)
- Producer: Tony Johnston
- Engineers: Brian and Finin
- Eamon Andrews Studios, Dublin
- Photography & Sleeve Design Tony Johnston
"Come over and hear him," said his good friend, Johnny. "He has a voice that could stop a train".
So I went and listened … to sixteen bars … but Pearse Plunkett's voice STARTED A TRAIN!
A train of thought in my mind, which, in express time, produced this album.
Climb aboard, then. The signals are set.
Dubliner Pearse Plunkett is steaming to stardom.