Liam Maguire • Songs For Ireland
- Songs For Ireland
- 1987 - WRA 1-480 LP (USA)
- Side One
- Song for Ireland (Phil Cololough)
- City of Chicago (Barry Moore)
- Streets of London (Ralph McTell)
- The Reel in the Flickering Light (Colm Gallagher)
- Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye (Dulca Et Decornum Est)
- Side Two
- There Were Roses (Tommy Sands)
- Only Our Rivers Run Free (M. MacConnell)
- Who Will Feed the People (Tom Paxton)
- Red is the Rose (T. Makem)
- Carrickfergus (Trad.)
- Fergus Kennedy: Synthesizer, tin whistle, DX7
- Kevin James: Harmonica
- Sanford Markley: Guitar
- John Caclaghan: Drums
- Nell Foley: Fiddle
- Brian Goddard: Bass
- Will Jeffrey: Recitation of Dulca Et Decornum Est
- Produced by Fergus Kennedy, Sanford Markley & Liam Maguire
- Engineer: Joe Gelchion
- Recorded at Cue Studio
- Cover design: Lena Markley
This album, Songs For Ireland, is a collection of some old songs and some new songs.
They all tell a good story and each one has a special meaning to me. I hope you like them.
Special thanks to Gus Kennedy for his help in the arrangements and to Sanford Markley, without his help I never would have finished this album.
Dedicated to my son, Rory Derrig Maguire, born 2/27/87.