- Side One
- The Tailor by Trade
- The Chemical Workers (Ron Angel)
- Ramble Away
- The Fairy Lady of Loch Laerne
- Rigs of the Time
- Side Two
- Ballynure Ballad
- The Garten Mothers Lullabye
- Sullivan's John (Pecker Dunne)
- The Devil's Song (Tara)
- Sammy's Bar (Cyril Tawney)
- Madame I'm a Darling
- Martin Byrne: Guitar, Vocals
- Christy Delaney: Banjo, Mandolin
- Alan McBride: Fiddle, Dulcimer Psaltery, Mandoline
- Leo Reid: Flute, Whistles, Bodhran
- All tracks Trad. arr. Tara, unless otherwise noted.
TARA … a group of young Irish musicians who, like The Chieftains and other famous bands, has returned to the traditional settings of the music of their homeland. Playing instruments of the countryside, rather than of the dance-hall or concert auditorium, TARA presents a selection of memorable tunes of Ireland, traditional and original, that brilliantly and entertainingly reflects the very lyrical spirit of the people.
- Special thanks to the National Museum of Ireland, and to Sabina and all who have helped to make this record possible!
- Cover: The Pipers Stones, County Wicklow (Ancient Stone Circle) Photo courtesy of The Irish Tourist Board (Boyd Faille), New York